Berries are one of the treasures of living in a temperate climate. They are delicious, nutrient dense, antioxidant rich, easy to grow, and adapt to many different recipes in the kitchen.
I grew up around them all of my life. Summers in my grandma's garden picking strawberries, raspberries, and red currants. Helping make jams, jellies and tasty desserts. Going blueberry picking with my friend Catherine and coming home with nothing because we ate them all!
The best part was when I got older and started paying more attention to a healthy diet. I was so happy to discover that the little fruits I loved were recognized by dietitians for their nutritional quality, healthy fiber, and other health benefits!
I love berries, and I created this website specifically to share with you many ways to enjoy them.
- Sensational Berries Blog
- Be among the first to see the most recent additions to the Sensational Berries website through my blog updates!
- About Me
- Like many websites, Sensational Berries is not published by some large nameless and faceless corporation, but by a person. In this case that person is a middle-aged woman who happens to adore berries
- My Own Website
- If someone had told me a few years ago that I could build my own website - I probably would have turned away and laughed at the idea. I would never have imagined that I could build a web business...
- What are Berries?
- Technically, strawberries and raspberries are not true berries. A true berry is a single fleshy ovary - it looks like a single, juicy, round or oblong fruit where there is no barrier between the
- Berry Nutrition
- Berry nutrition is almost a by-word. Almost every modern healthy lifestyle and diet book places berries on top of the list of recommended fruits because of their concentrations of health-enhancing...
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Eating berries rich in antioxidants is just one of the components of a healthy lifestyle. There are many other food and choices that you can make to help you enjoy a superior quality of life and
- Black Currant Facts
- Most North Americans would not show much interest in black currant facts, as black currents would not rate very high on their list of preferred fruits. However, they are one of the most nutritious.
- Facts About Blueberries
- Blueberries aren't just about eating healthy, as these interesting facts about blueberries attest.
- Cranberry Facts
- The facts please - nothing but the cranberry facts! Cranberries are a unique north american berry, found naturally no where else in the world. They have unique growing requirements that seem to only
- Facts about Grapes
- Documented facts about grapes tell us that they are among the oldest and largest berries to be cultivated and harvested worldwide. Here are some interesting grape facts that you may not know.
- Facts About Raspberries
- Raspberries aren't just another pretty berry. They are tasty, health-giving, nutritious and actually quite delicate, as the facts about raspberries below demonstrate: Raspberries can be grown from t
- Facts About Strawberries
- There are many interesting facts about strawberries that serve to enhance our appreciation for this sweet and nutritious fruit - a favorite around the world.
- Blueberry Recipes
- Most of these delicious blueberry recipes can be made just as easily with frozen berries as they can with fresh.
- Cranberry Recipes
- These cranberry recipes take advantage of the health and taste benefits of one of the few truly native North American berries
- Raspberry Recipes
- Raspberry season is short and the fruit delicate, so many raspberry recipes rely on the availability of frozen berries.
- Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberries are the first abundant berry harvest of the season. These wonderful strawberry recipes showcase this amazing fruit.
- Family Favorite Recipes
- I love all kinds of recipes, and would love to share links to some great sites for family favorite recipes and ideas for catering your own special events
- Gluten Free Recipes
- Gluten free recipes for baked goods that the rest of us enjoy without thinking are a real blessings to the person who is celiac or gluten intolerant. Recipes for tasty gluten free desserts that the
- Celiac Disease
- A person with celiac disease cannot eat food that contains gluten, a protein found in wheat, rye, barley and in most oats (unless specifically labelled gluten-free).
- Contribute to Berries
- Would you like to share your knowledge about berries? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.