Chocolate Strawberry cake
This tasty chocolate strawberry cake has a rich brownie-like texture, enriched by the wonderful sweet flavor of strawberries. There is almost no way to lose with this strawberry chocolate cake.
3/4 cups brown sugar
6 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 Tbsp water
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1/2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Grease and line 9inch round cake pan with waxed paper.
2. Combine sugar, butter and water in small saucepan. Stir constantly, bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
3. Add 3/4 cups of chocolate chips, stir until smooth.
4. Stir in vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, stirring until combined.
5. Add flour, baking soda and salt until well blended and add remaining chocolate chips.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes in pre-heated oven, or until toothpick comes out slightly sticky.
7. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert and remove waxed paper. Turn right side up and cool completely. Spread filling and strawberries over the top. Chill until time to serve.
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff.2. Spread whipped cream, then sliced strawberries, over cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chocolate Strawberry Cake