Strawberry muffins make a sweet wonderful breakfast treat.
Preheat oven to 400F
1/3 cup of strawberry preserves
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup milk
3 Tbsp melted butter
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1. Grease and flour muffin tins.
2. Sift together all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix together egg, milk, melted butter and lemon rind. Add to dry ingredients, stir until just combined.
4. Fill tins 1/3 full with batter. Top with 1 tsp strawberry preserves, and fill tins with batter.
5. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
6. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
7. Recipe makes about 12 muffins.
from Strawberry Muffins