Frozen Cranberry Fruit Salad
This cranberry fruit salad is a wonderful frozen dessert that smartly combines the contrast of sweet and tart, smooth and crunchy. Definitely a keeper in my house!
makes 16 servings
1 20-oz can of pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
1 16 oz can of whole berry cranberry sauce
5 medium bananas, halved lengthwise and sliced
500 ml whipping cream, whipped until stiff
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Place pineapple juice into a bowl and add bananas.
2. In a separate bowl, mix sugar with cranberry sauce. Add bananas (without the juice). Discard pineapple juice.
3. Stir in pineapple pieces, whipped cream, and nuts.
4. Pour into a 13 * 9 inch container and freeze until solid.
5. remove from freezer and allow to soften for 15 minutes before cutting.
Cranberry Fruit Salad