This raspberry trifle makes any meal a special one. It's made ahead so that the flavors can blend, so there's no last minute fuss.
2 pints raspberries
1 cup sugar, divided
1 reg-sized packages of cream cheese
3 Tbsp orange juice
3 cups whipping cream, whipped
1 loaf pound cake, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3 1-oz squares semisweet chocolate, grated
chocolate curls and additional berries for garnish
1. Gently toss berries with 1/2 cup sugar and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until smooth.Fold in whipped cream and set aside.
3. Drain berries, reserving juice, and set aside.
4. Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice.
3. Place half the cake cubes in a trifle dish. Top with 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, half the strawberries and half of the grated chocolate.
4. Repeat layers.
5. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
6. Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Back to Berry Desserts