Cranberry Meatballs are a wonderful sweet and savory treat that are always appreciated at a party or potluck. I prefer both of these the second day - when the flavors have had a chance to develop.
1 lb lean ground meat
1/2 cup crushed regular or gluten free crackers
1/2 small onion
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 16-oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 10 3/4 oz can condensed regular or gluten free tomato soup
1. Combine meatball ingredients and mix thoroughly by hand.
2. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on a rack on a baking pan.
3. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes
4. In a large saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and soup. Heat thoroughly.
5. Add meatballs to sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer, or over rice or noodles.
2 eggs or equivalent egg substitute
1 cup regular or gluten free cornflakes
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp regular or gluten free soy sauce
1 Tbsp dried parsley
2 Tbsp dehydrated onion
1/4 tsp ground pepper
2 lbs ground turkey
1 16-oz can jellied cranberry sauce
1 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Combine meatball ingredients thoroughly, and shape into 72 1-inch meatballs.
2. Place on a baking ray, and bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
3. In a separate saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients and stir until well-mixed.
4. Add cooked meatballs and simmer 10 minutes.
5. Serve over rice.
Back to Cranberry Recipes
from Cranberry Meatballs