Gluten Free Pie Crust
This gluten free pie crust is the base for sweet and savory pies of all kinds.
Contributed by Rebecca Bunting to 'The Gluten Free Bible' by Jax Peters Lowell
2/3 cups brown rice
2/3 cups tapioca flour
2/3 cups potato starch
3 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp xanthum gum
1 1/2 tsp salt
1- Tbsp cold butter, cut into chunks
2 eggs, beaten
1. Combine all dry ingredients
2. Add cold butter chunks and pulse in food processor or cut in with pastry blender (or two knives) until the texture looks like coarse cornmeal
3. Add beaten eggs and combine until mixture holds together.
4. Divide into two balls, flatten slightly.
5. If you are going to freeze one or both pie crust dough balls, cover in a double layer of plastic wrap and freeze for later use.
6. Take the pie crust dough that you are going to use and place on an 18 inch piece of plastic wrap (or waxed paper). Dust lightly with a little cornstarch.
7. Place a second sheet of plastic wrap over the dough and roll out to a 12-inch disc with a rolling pin.
8. Remove top layer of plastic wrap, invert over the pie plate, and ease the dough carefully onto the plate. Gently peel off the plastic wrap.
9. Continue according to the recipe.
Gluten Free Recipes
from Gluten Free Pie Crust