Berry Cream Cheese Pie
This strawberry cream cheese pie is a favorite early summer pie with a rich creamy filling. The strawberries and cookie crumb crust add just the right amount of texture and taste enhancement. I love this fresh strawberry pie recipe! This year I am going to convert it into a gluten-free recipe by using crumbled GF graham crackers or maybe my favorite GF sugar cookies!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
5 1-oz squares of white chocolate, divided
2 Tbsp milk
1 small (3 oz) pkg of cream cheese
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 tsp grated orange zest
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 9-inch graham cracker or vanilla cookie crust
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1. Melt 4 squares of the white chocolate with the milk, either in the microwave or in a double boiler. Cool to room temperature.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
3. Thoroughly beat orange zest and melted chocolate into cream cheese mixture.
4. Gently fold in whipped cream and spread gently into the pie crust.
5. Arrange strawberries over the top.
6. Melt remaining white chocolate square and drizzle over strawberries. (To make this pie even more stunning - melt and drizzle an additional semi-sweet chocolate square)
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving. Keep any leftovers in the fridge - although they won't be there long.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie