Sorbets make a perfect ending to a rich or heavy meal. Usually dairy free, they are appropriate for those on lactose or cassein restricted diets too.
4 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp lemon juice concentrate
red food coloring if desired
6 whole berries, with stem on, for garnish
1. Place sugar, water and lemon concentrate in blender. Blend well.
2. Add 1 cup of strawberries at a time, blending until smooth
3. Add food coloring if desired
4. Pour into 8*8 inch pan and freeze about 2 hours.
5. Transfer to small mixing bowl and mix until just slushy. Do not allow to melt beyond the slushy stage.
6. Return to freezer in square pan until 1 hour before serving.
7. Place in refrigerator about 1 hour before serving time.
8. Serve in individual dishes with whole strawberry garnish.
Berries Home Page