Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
This strawberry spinach salad recipe is refreshing and delicious all year round, but especially in the early summer when both spinach and strawberries are at their peak.
8 cups fresh spinach, torn, or baby spinach leaves
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced (optional)
1/2 cup of toasted slivered almonds or pecan pieces (optional)
1. Arrange spinach on serving plates, scattering the fruit on top.
2. If using nuts, sprinkle over the top.
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or gluten free substitute)
1/4 tsp paprika
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Place first seven ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Gradually add vinegar and oil. Blend until thickened.
3. Drizzle over salad and serve.
from Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe